Saturday, March 26, 2016

Protective Styling

Hey guys and gals! Today I have some updates about my hair. So for the past week I have been rocking some lovely box braids. This is a very common protective style and I love how it looks on me. But I have noticed that my hair is getting a tad bit frizzy and I wanted to share a few tips on how to protect your "Protective Style".

Tip #1. Tie your hair down with a satin scarf every night. I often forget to tie my hair down and I wake up with frizzy smelly hair. DONT be like me.

Tip#2. Apply an oil and crème to your scalp four times a week. Over spring break I went on a four day vacation and forgot to pack hair products. Silly me. My hair was dry and brittle upon return.

Tip#3. If you plan on keeping your protective style in for more than two weeks take a trip to your salon and kindly ask them to re-braid the front and back sides of your head. This will either be free or very cheap. After two weeks your hair will be very frizzy no matter what. If you want it to still be poppin you have to re-braid some strands.

These are my tips for the week. Part two protective styling will be up soon.

Here are some links to previous protective styling posts and social media.







No comments :

Post a Comment