Thursday, March 17, 2016

How to Regrow your edges.

Hey Guys and Gals. I've been gone for a little while because though I have a blog I am a dedicated student. Grades before growth. Anyway I have been noticing that my edges have been thinning because of the usage of many gels and alcohol based products. I have been trying to accelerate the growth of my edges. Here are some ways to do so.

Oils:
So far oils have been my best friends with my little "problem". My favorite oils for my edges have been , avocado oil, castor oil and mustard seed oil. These oils not only smell amazing but I have been noticing some major differences.

Stop:
STOP!! Just STOP! Over the past few months I have been using the Gorilla Snot Gel. This gel is the only gel that lays my baby hairs. Because this is the only gel that works for me I have been using it quite heavily. I have just noticed that the gel is alcohol based and is not the best for naturals. I am currently working on decreasing the usage of the product. Make sure to always look at the ingredient list in the products you desire.

Protection:
It is very important to cover your edges at night. As you roll around in bed, your hair is constantly producing friction with the bed sheets. It is then important to purchase a satin scarf for your hair. Bonnets with an elastic may not be the best for your thinning edges. The elastic will also cause friction with your edges.

Have fun with your hair, but make sure to protect your edges.

Follow me on Twitter
Send me an email



No comments :

Post a Comment